Child Protection Policy
The Club have designated committee members for issues concerning Child Protection & Safeguarding, any complaint or concern should be directed to that committee member and/or an available coach/committee member. Contacting Canoe England's Welfare Officer directly is also possible. A list of contacts is available on our Safeguarding page.
All club coaches, adult committee members and regular volunteers must be DBS checked and have completed a personal declaration form.
This policy will also include vulnerable adults and offer them the same level of support and protection.
Child Protection Policy
PaddlePlus is fully committed to safeguarding the well being of its members. All members should show respect and understanding for the rights, safety and welfare of others, and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of the Club. We believe that taking part in Paddlesport should be a positive and enjoyable part of children’s lives and to achieve this have the following aims:
- Club coaches should follow the BCU Code of Ethics
- All Club coaches, helpers and officials working with young people should read and adhere to the British Canoeing Child Protection Policy. PaddlePlus will follow the guidance of the policy in the event of any concerns or allegations.
- PaddlePlus will ensure that anyone working with young people undertake a screening procedure (DBS Check).
- All PaddlePlus members are made aware of the Club Code of Conduct.
- PaddlePlus will obtain written Medical details and contact numbers of young paddlers which will be made known to coaches where deemed appropriate and/or necessary.
- PaddlePlus will only use British Canoeing qualified/updated coaches - unqualified assistants can only work alongside a qualified coach. The club will encourage and support helpers to gain qualifications and assist coaches to stay up-dated.
- PaddlePlus will elect a committee member whose role it is to deal with any issues concerning Child Protection and Safeguarding and notify this person to all members. Anyone with concerns with respect to Child Abuse or Harassment should contact that person. If that person is unavailable they can contact the Chairman or British Canoeing's Child Protection /Harassment Officer.
- PaddlePlus will adopt and regularly review a Health and Safety Policy
- PaddlePlus will review this Policy annually.